Carson SH Wellness Center
LAUSD's Healthy Start professionals strive to alleviate barriers to learning by linking or connecting student, family, and community needs to resources, giving special consideration to low income students, English language learners, and foster youth.
Healthy start provides linkages to comprehensive school- and community-based integrated services and activities which address specific needs in the areas of academics, medical, mental health, and basic need supports. furthermore, all Healthy Start professionals are Certified Enrollment Counselors and can assist any individual apply for health insurance enrollment.
Health Start Staff Members:
- Collaborate with over 1,000 partners to coordinate integrated service delivery that connects children and families to needed support and services.
- Ensure students receive the physical, emotional, and intellectual support needed in school, at home, and in the community.
- Bridge the gap between schools, and other child and family-serving agencies, to frame a pathway for students to succeed.
Healthy Start link students, families, and community members to:
- Basic need resources like food, shelter, clothing, transportation, and legal assistance.
- Medical, dental and vision services that are free or low of cost.
- Mental health counseling, as well as academic support and tutoring.
Healthy Start assists families apply for health insurance and provide confidential case management services to individuals with multiple needs. Healthy Start professionals strive to build trusting partnerships to ensure every client receives the appropriate services needed in a timely manner.